From: Ed Kasper [mailto:edkas...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 2:50 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>RE: baking soda

checked the link below and saw their article Why do we advocate using
"BAKING SODA" to make CS?
The components of salt (sodium chloride) AND baking soda (sodium
bicarbonate) are both essential and equally important to the biological
functioning of the body! Salt has been an old CS'ers standby for years. It
does the job relative to "conductivity", but it has one major drawback - the
chloride in salt is incompatable with silver ! It combines to form silver
chloride. Although the AgCl levels are not significant, why create even a
small problem when it can be easily avoided? Baking soda will also raise the
pH of the water (more alkaline = better).

any comments on this???

ed