I have never been satisfied with the result of using
RO water to make CS. It is always cloudy. I prefer my
CS to be crystal clear.

The RO process uses a membrane to pull water through
(osmosis), leaving (theoretically) all other
substances behind. The pores in the membrane, being
extrememly tiny, quickly become clogged with
chemicals, minerals, pathogens, etc. To prevent this,
there must be a constant flow of water across the
membrane to continually cleanse the membrane surface.
The highest quality RO water uses 6-8 gallons of water
to end up with one gallon of purified water. This is
rather expensive, so many RO machine operators reduce
the flow of water that is cleansing the membrane. You
still have "RO" water, but not as pure. Every time I
tried to make CS with RO water, the water became
cloudy within minutes after I turned on the power.

Having said that, I would still use RO water to make
CS if there was no other water available (besides tap
water).

Terry Chamberlin