I assume he did because most people do have cavities and amalgams were
all that was used in his day. I don't know about Vit C pulling mercury
out of amalgams. Is that well documented? Seems that Dr Pauling would
have had clear signs of mercury toxicity if that is true doesn't it?
Just guessing here.

Sodium A would raise sodium levels and some are on low sodium diets.
Calcium A would add needed Ca to the sytem so I would go with the Ca.

Ascorbic just would need to be taken more often to maintain a blood
level.

I like bulk C so I can mix it with juice and shoot it. If it turns
yellow though throw it out, it is toxic, gets this way as it ages.

Garnet