odecoy...@alltel.net writes:

> Uh, you wouldn't happen to know the natural enemy of the carpenter bee,
> would you?
> Bad-bee-minton is fun, but not all that effective.

Hi Ode -- no, I don't know the natural enemy of the carpenter bee -- except
maybe me!!  lol   I have the same problem with them that you do, and here's my
suggestion:  In addition to "bad-bee-minton" (which is great exercise by the
way, and extremely satisfying to hear the thwack and see that bee body go
sailing), I fill up all of their holes with silicone glue.  I've been working
on
this project for a couple of years now (we have a farm with barn, several sheds
and un-sided soffits on the garage -- so LOTS of wood for them to assault) and
I've reduced the population by about 80%.  Some of them manage to get past
the silicone, but lots of them don't.  Those that do  give me some practice
time
with my badminton racket!!  :-)      MA