Not all allergies are IgE mediated. Allergy means altered reactivity yet
has come to be narrowed to IgE mediated by the majority of the medical
profession. Environmental Sensitivity includes many non IgE meidated
sensitivities. Sensitivity being a more accurate term.

It becomes a bit mind boggling but there is information. Also see
www.vitaroyal.com for Environmental Illness in  horses. There is also a
discussion list associated with this web site. The owner is a biochemist
who specializes in EI in horses and humans. She is very helpful and you
can email her directly or from her Yahoo list on Environmental Health.

Garnet