The following were recommended by various people for poison ivy when this
came up on the Beck'n'stuff list:

I have had very good results with jewel weed and plantain.  A cool tea
compress of jewel weed is surprisingly soothing.  Plantain can just be
harvested from your yard, crushed and the fresh juice applied.

When I were a youngster I would get into poison ivy regularly. When the
first blisters would erupt, Mom would be sure to dry the oozing to a crust
with a hair dryer then put "Testors" type plastic model glue all over the
eruption and surrounding skin to keep air from the thing. Care was taken to
keep the covering of glue sealed. In a couple of days the eruption drys up
and peels off without scarring.

I think it was this list someone wrote about zinc oxide.  I bought some for
bug bites and it does have an extrememly soothing, drying effect and is so
cheap.  The directions speak of using it on poison ivy.

Here is what "Back To Eden" says about poison ivy and poison oak:
(in part)
The following herbs are good for poison ivy and poison oak: lobelia, golden
seal, myrrh, echinacea, bloodroot, and solomon's seal. A strong tea made of
equal parts of white oak bark and lime water is very good for both. Apply a
bandage with this solution and change it as often as it gets dry. Aloe vera
juice can be applied directly to the rash to help stop the itching.
PS...Back To Eden by Jethro Kloss & The Scientific Validation Of Herbal
Medicine by Daniel B. Mowrey, Ph.D. should be in every "do-it-yourselfers"
library.

I'm in the UK where we thankfully don't have such hostile flora :-)

Good luck,

Paul H