Just a quick caveat here: long ago I posted a message about a death in Japan involving some kind of silver nitrate needle that broke off inside a patient, causing a poisoning death. I was surprised by this and posted the information here.

Some members on this list verified that silver nitrate is highly toxic. I know nothing about the substances mentioned below, but again, if memory serves me, silver nitrate is dangerous and if there is an internal medicine using silver nitrate, it had better be administered by an expert who knows what he/she is doing.

The archives are down right now or I would dig up the date on this previous discussion.

JBB