Hi Roger,
I tend to take EIS only I when need it. Then I take a lot of it in one
day, say, for an incipient cold. Or if I happen to eat something that
shouts back at me. However for anything chronic such as sinus or a
lung infection or a gut infection I would take it long term. And use
nasal flooding, nebulizing, enemas etc to get it where it is needed.

So, for me, in general, a short course  of high dosage EIS for acute
problems and long term low dosage for chronic conditions. Also
when I have taken EIS long term I have taken a break periodically.
Like two days on one day off. or seven on 1 off; I listened to my
body.
YMMV
Tony