My understanding of the mechanism of action of DMSO that is unless the
substance is mixed with the DMSO *prior* to application or consumption
that there is NO transport action. If this is accurate then your
assumptions below about it carrying bacterial toxins from the lungs into
the systemic circulation are not well founded.

DMSO is thought to facilitate transport into the brain, but again the
substance must be mixed with the DMSO prior to administration. It does
not simply cause all substances in the body to be transported -- if that
were the case it would have far more detrimental effects than have been
observed. There are over 1,000 journal articles on DMSO, it is a fairly
well reserached substance beginning with its development in the 70's for
organ transport, by Dr Stanley Jacob.

You may want to check out the resources in the DMSO files and links
section, www.dmso.org and www.jacoblab.com (has some abstracts on site).
Garnet