I am increasingly disturbed by the taste coming from the large soft PET bottles my DW arrives in. It is a good grade of DW, but I can taste and smell some plastic in the water; this is the typical soft translucent plastic used for milk. I distrust it enough that I just got a stovetop distiller that I hope will generate DW good enough to use the the SG6; we'll see.

The e-bay seller has at least one more unit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4319022692&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

I won for 84 bucks. Worth a try if you think you could use one of these distillers. The company no longer makes them BTW.

NB even glass influences DW; colleagues who use lots of DW in nutrition studies say the pH is routinely different from that stated on the label if not used immediately. I do not know what leeches out of brown glass but clearly something does.

JBB