Re: CS>CS and H2O2
From: Jason Eaton
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:49:44
http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m72909.html

  > Hi Marshall:

  > On three  occasions,  I utilized a low PPM highly  ionic  EIS made
  > with the old silverpuppy generator.

  > I added  a few drops of 35% h2o2 into about four ounces  of  CS. I
  > checked the tyndall before and after; a pronounced  tyndall effect
  > was present after adding the H2O2.

  > After one  to  three  days,  no  tyndall  effect  was  present. No
  > "fall-out" was  present  in  the glass container  I  used  for the
  > experiments. The  taste  of the sol indicated that  it  was highly
  > ionic. H2O2  PH  testing  strips indicated  that  there  was still
  > between 25-50 PPM ( had to estimate with the testing strips ) H2O2
  > in solution.

  > One little  tiny  silver sparkly or minute silver  flake  seems to
  > throw that all off.

  > I haven't  tried any h2o2 experiments with Ken's  newer generator,
  > but I assume it would be similiar to Trem's units. There  seems to
  > be a  higher  particulate  content,   and  the  reaction  with the
  > particles can go on for days, likely even weeks with enough h2o2.

  > Best Regards,

  > Jason

  Hi Jason,

  Thank you  for  your  excellent  and  detailed  report.  I  have not
  calculated your  concentration of H2O2, but a quick  estimate  is in
  the 50ppm ballpark. This is very close to the 40 ppm I use and seems
  to agree with the concentration in other user's posts.

  I also sometimes notice a haziness in the cs after adding  the H2O2,
  but not  always.  Similarly,  the salt test  seems  to  have strange
  reaction on some occasions, and other times it gives a clear, normal
  dispersion with or without H2O2.

  The reactions  you describe are difficult  to  model mathematically,
  but I  suspect part of the problem may be trace contaminants  in the
  dw, perhaps  chlorine,  or  trace metals  such  as  calcium, sodium,
  magnesium, phosphorous,  etc.  These may  cause  different reactions
  with the H2O2 and byproducts.

  Contamination is a serious problem with H2O2, and caused  much grief
  for the  Germans during WWII with their  Me-263  rocket interceptor.
  More than  one  pilot died horribly when the H2O2  tank  behind them
  leaked causing   an   explosion.   Contamination,   leaks   and H2O2
  explosions are  suspected in the loss of the  British  submarine HMS
  Sidon and the Russian submarine Kursk:

    http://edition.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/08/08/kursk/

  I hasten to add these programs used highly-concentrated H2O2  - well
  above the  35%  food  grade  or  3%  pharmaceutical  grade  stuff we
  encounter.

  Some of  the  different  reactions we see may  also  be  due  to the
  stabilizers used in different grades of H2O2. Each application needs
  a different  stabilizer, so it may be difficult  to  compare results
  with 35% food grade vs the 3% Walmart stuff.

  It might  be valuable to try to understand hydrogen peroxide  from a
  chemistry viewpoint.  Here is a very brief summary  of  Hydrogen and
  Oxygen.

  Normally, water  is  composed of one oxygen  ion  combined  with two
  hydrogen ions.  The two hydrogen ions push each other apart  to form
  an angle  of 104 degrees, which is what makes the  density  of water
  the highest at 4 degrees C, or slightly above the freezing point.

  This gift from the Gods keeps the oceans from filling with  ice from
  the bottom up and becoming solid ice.

  Many elements hate to be alone, and strive to make a pair.  They are
  called diatomic,  and  include hydrogen,  oxygen,  and  many others.
  Notably, helium is monatomic and is quite happy to exist alone.

  The diatomic elements (hydrogen, oxygen, etc) take a large amount of
  energy to separate, and they won't stay separated very long.

  For example,  monatomic oxygen can be formed in a  plasma  torch and
  has a useful lifetime of several milliseconds before  it recombines.
  Another place  you will find it is in the stratosphere, about  60 km
  above the surface of the Earth. But not many people go there.

  The significance of this is hydrogen peroxide is ordinary water with
  one atom  of oxygen stuck on. When we release the  extra  oxygen, we
  release a great deal of energy.

  You can  visualize this in ASCII as water looking  like  "HOH". This
  shows how  the  two hydrogen ions move to the opposite  side  of the
  oxygen ion.

  Using this method, hydrogen peroxide, H2O2 looks like  "HOOH". (Some
  have suggested  we try to add a carbon and make hooch,  but  I don't
  think that belongs here:)

  Now, when  we  add  hydrogen   peroxide  to  something,  we  may get
  surprising results.  In  some   cases,   there  may  be  no reaction
  whatsoever.

  In other  cases, there may be something that causes a  reaction with
  the H2O2,  and we can experience anything from lots of bubbles  to a
  violent explosion that blows the container apart.

  The problems  with  trace contaminants is the  reason  most hydrogen
  peroxide programs have shut down, and why no manufacturer  will make
  or try to ship high-concentration H2O2 (Officially, but I understand
  you can still get it in Mexico.)

  This significance  this  presents  is we should  always  be  open to
  conflicting descriptions  of what happens when H2O2 is added  to cs.
  It may  be normal and expected, or it may be due  entirely  to trace
  contaminants. We may not know enough at the present time to  be able
  to tell the difference.

Best Wishes,

Mike Monett