I pray they (as well as you and your sons if traveling again) continue to stay
safe with Ivan coming in too close for comfort.  They are blessed to have you!!

Ruth
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: M. G. Devour
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 10:14 AM
  Subject: CS>Well, I did it again!!!

  Greetings folks,

  Well, I went and left you all again. And what did you do? You continued
  to run a very nice list in my absence! <GRIN>

  The Off Topic content continues to rumble along at a significant but
  not unreasonable fraction of the total, and you answer and discuss CS
  relevant information as the questions arise.

  My thanks to you all!

  THIS time I went south to Florida for a week to help my wife's parents
  empty stuff out of their old mobile home after the roof was ripped off
  by hurricane Charley.

  The original roof was still there, actually, but the second roof layer
  was blown off, damaging what was left and allowing a *lot* of water to
  get inside. Add a few more days of rain and some of that Florida
  sunshine ... and you have a soup of some of the worst mold and mildew
  you can imagine.

  Everybody wore respirators. I even shaved off my beard in advance, so I
  would be able to get a good seal on the mask. Add some preventative CS
  use and I hope we'll be okay.

  We pulled out of there on Wednesday, while they left on Thursday, in
  advance of Frances:  Another direct hit. However, all their stuff is in
  the garage of a friend's house where they'll be staying until they find
  a new place, so there's not much more for them to worry about.

  Thankfully, the insurance paid off without a problem, so they have a
  nest egg to begin their search.

  It's a strange thing to be in your seventies and not have a home.
  They're taking it pretty well, considering.

  I'm waiting to hear what they find when they get back "home." <sigh>

  Be well,

  Mike Devour
  silver-list owner