Hello, George,

Perhaps the term you are seeking is oligodynamism,
the phenomenon of dilution increasing potency. The
oligodynamism of CS was discovered (by Nageli) before the
discovery of its pharmacological benefits for humans
(by Crookes.) One possible explanation  for
oligodynamism is that the particulate envelopes itself
with a multitude of layers of dipolar waters of hydration
(lke layers of an onion.) These waters of hydration are
not distinguishable by microscopy but are nonetheless
contributory to the potency of the particulate. And they
need ample spacing so as not to imfringe on each
other. So dilution enhances potency. I have seen no
compelling evidence for this theory; nor have I seen
evidence against it.

Matthew