From: Jonathan B. Britten [mailto:jbrit...@cc.nakamura-u.ac.jp]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 5:37 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Bells Palsy

Interesting that you mention Germany:  on a Japanese TV program not
long ago,  I saw a German motorcyclist -- a camping/tourer type -- who
had been completely paralyzed by the bite of a tick.    This fellow was
traveling with a woman who was not ill,  which gave at least some clue
that his problem was not from food or water ingested.   Bit of a long
story. . . .

He largely recovered,  but his affliction evidently mystified the
doctors for some time.  He was a profoundly sick man.    Maybe the
ticks in Germany are more virulent?   I know little about this topic.

JBB