According to Traditional Chinese Medicine this usually reflects the state of
Blood. Either Blood Deficiency with Internal Cold or Blood Stagnation. TCM
terms: http://www.happyherbalist.com/tcm_terms.htm  A distinction has to be
made between Blood Deficiency with Internal Cold (deficiency condition)  or
Blood Stagnation.  (excess condition) and then a suitable Chinese herbal
formula would be prescribed. Browse through your local bookstore section on
TCM and look under Diagnosis by observation; Lunulae, fingernails.

I could theorize that if you have been taking CS and your body is detoxing
the elimination process is being held up in the blood (Blood Stasis) or your
condition has been one of general deficiency where the CS has been
eliminating toxins but your body is in need of general strengthening, as one
goes through a recovery stage (Blood Deficiency)

Ed Kasper LAc. Licensed Acupuncturist & Herbalist
Acupuncture is a jab well done