  From: Sally Khanna [mailto:khann...@yahoo.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 1:08 AM
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Subject: Re: CS>dogs ear infections,helps for infections,

  Well, I know she's allergic to chicken.  That's why she's on the lamb and
rice diet.  But we still need to keep after her ears somewhat.

  The DMSO from Jeffers - do you only use it for animals?  Or for yourself
also?

  Sally

  Garnet <garnetri...@earthlink.net> wrote:
    One problem with CS in the ears is that keeping them wet is going to
    encourage the infection. I would use DMSO and CS, 30-50% on the DMSO,
    this will keep it dry-er. Watch the moisture level, after the CS DMSO
    has had time to soak in, dry the ear out with Epi-Otic solution or
    cotton. Those long floppy ears make it hard to get good air circulation.

    Wheat is the most common allergy in dogs, but they can be allergic to
    chicken or beef too. I would go strictly with one food, a sort of
    elimination diet. Until her ears get cleared up then introduce new foods
    one at a time and see if she reacts. You can also try taking her heart
    rate before and after giving a new food, adrenaline release in an
    allergic reaction generally makes heart rate and blood pressure go up.

    Garnet