At 04:21 AM 17/11/04, you wrote:
You put 6 to 8 drops (a small amount) of CS into 2 liters of milk and it

can still be made into kefir.

Fine, that is OK as far as it goes, but from this you infer and state
that therefore
CS does not affect "good" bacteria.  Of course, we know it affects
"bad" bacteria
(at a high enough dose).  The implication is that CS at any dose will
not
affect "good" bacteria.  This is not correct.

I put about an ounce of my CS into a gallon of milk and it definitely
affected the
"good" bacteria preventing it from making yoghurt.

Your analysis is too sloppy for my taste...

Dan

Dan, you didn't read my post properly - unless this is a joke in (about) bad taste!!!! Har, Har ,Har :-0

Of course at a high enough dose rate it will kill even you! ( Garnet would know the figures offhand) Remember the "givens": good milk, not deadened to begin with. You cannot make good Kefir from modern factory milk. Believe me on this - it is like the things you buy called "strawberries" and have to put sweetening on them to make them edible. I had some real ones for brunch today - what memories they can bring back of real life, real food!

Cheers!

Himagain