Hello, Max,

I use the Canadian coins as electrodes, too. Instead of
reshaping them, I mount them on the lip of the reaction
vessel (I use a tall, narrow glass spaghetti jar) using
S-shaped silver wire hooks. I drilled two holes through
each coin, diametrically opposed and near (about 3
millimeters) to the edge of each coin. Two holes
instead of one allows me to flip the coin around
occasionally for an even wear. I use a brass-bristled
brush to clean and polish the electrodes after each use.
( I use brand-new detailing brushes from an automotive
supplies store.) One of the advantages of coins over
wire is that the rigid coins hold up better to brushing.
There is some loss of silver from the electrodes due
the hole-drilling and brass-bristle brushing. But silver
is not expensive in comparison to the cost of distilled
water. I simply invested ten to eleven dollars in an
extra Canadian Maple Leaf. One 30-gram electrode
will eventually be dispersed in several thousand kilograms
of distilled water, costing hundreds or thousands of
dollars depending on the source of the DW.

Best regards,

Matthew