Hello,

I simply don't know whether CS would be able to kill all the viral pathogens in the lungs before being exhaled. It would seem wise to err on the side of safety.

With a small ultrasonic Omron unit, the user could simply go into a shower room or a small closet to use the unit and thereby reduce the risk of contamination to others. The idea just came to mind that an ultrasonic humidifier, filled with CS, might be of use in this situation, as the CS mist in the air might also reduce the chance of infection by exhaled CS mist. So, one would nebulize in a confined, restricted space vaporized with CS.

Given that 70% of the people infected with avian flu die, these speculations are potentially valuable. My worry is overwhelmed hospitals and a great many caregivers too sick to help others. Self-help may be really crucial, and a bit of preparedness now could prevent a lot of heartbreak later.

JBB