Ken and Nancy,

     The FDA can and will ban whatever supplement they like, should they choose
to do so.  More than likely they will limit the dosages one can buy/consume to
very low levels.  EG... the maximum amount of Vit.C might be 100mg/tab.  We
must never, ever let the FDA or any other governmental agency dictate what we
can and cannot consume as long as it is relatively safe.  Since we are not
consuming these food additives as medicines or drugs we do not have to prove
efficacy for any disease... to do so would be to invite the wrath of the
pharmaceutical industry claiming we are indeed selling drugs for specific
illnesses.  In an impartial court I don't think the FDA would have any right to
ban or regulate vitamins, minerals, enzymes, or other natural substances that
are found in nature and not patentable, but finding an impartial judge/court
might be a problem, especially with our freedoms eroding daily in other areas
of our lives.