From: silver-list@eskimo.com
Date: 12/17/04 14:10:42
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>

Hi Rene,

That's a great story.

Two of my sons suffered from the symptoms you describe.  One had styes on his
eyes also.

Of course, I didn't know about CS then.  One son had no problems after we found
out he was allergic to strawberries and discontinued them.

the other son continued having styes and large boil-like infections until I met
a lady from Greece who was know as a healer in the neighborhood.  She told me
to peel a garlic clove and rub it VERY carefully on the stye without getting
any in the eye and that would cure it.  Believe it or not, it never came back.

Sally

Rene Thurston <barbieg...@comcast.net> wrote:
I thought I would share a silver success story with everyone, especially those
who may be like me - overtly skeptical!  After this, I'm almost 100% sold on
the benefits of CS.

Ever since my daughter was three or four (she'll be 12 in January), she has had
a problem with developing staph infections out of nowhere.  She is a very
healthy child, rarely even having a cold or flu, so it's a mystery why she
continues to get them.  They started out when she was younger with sties on her
eyes.  She would get what looked like a normal sty on her eyelid, which would
then get huge and would emit green pus.  This happened several times over a two
year period with the doctor having me treat them topically with prescription
soap, hot compresses, etc.  It would clear them up - eventually - but they were
VERY painful for her and it would sometimes take two to three weeks or more.
She developed one inside her nose one summer that was just horrible.  That was
the last straw for me and I finally INSISTED they put her on an antibiotic to
try to kill, what I felt, was a lingering bacteria in her system.  I normally
am not ! a fan of antibiotics, but I was desperate.

She went three or four years with no problems.  Then last year about this same
time, she developed a spot on her left hip that within a day or two had turned
into a staph infection (verified by testing).  It was REALLY deep down, so far
down it wouldn't even drain.  It was EXCRUCIATINGLY painful for her, keeping
her up at night crying (and she does NOT cry easily).  She was on 21 days of
antibiotics to cure it, and it was so deep, it ended up leaving a scar.

Last week, she came to me with another of these strange infections popping up
on her knee.  She has been on a daily maintenance dose of silver for about four
or five months.  She said it was a little hot but didn't hurt.  It looked sort
of like a pimple, except for the tell-tale green/yellow pus.  The pus was right
up at the surface, and a little touch and it came right out.  I immediately
soaked a sterile gauze pad with CS and band-aided it onto her knee.  Each time
we changed the bandage, the infection had headed up at the surface, and a
little touch would send the infection right out of it.  We also upped her to
1/4-1/2 cup of CS a day in Gatorade in addition to the topical CS.  She
complained it was a little sore like a bruise, but it didn't really hurt unless
she pushed on it.  By day three, it was completely gone.  Now she has a big,
dry scab where the skin is dead from the infection.  To get to that stage wit!
h her hip last year took 21 days of antibiotics .  I don't even
 think this one will scar.  AND NO ANTIBIOTICS!!

Of course, I'm telling myself that maybe it WASN'T the CS and it would have
cleared up on its own - but I seriously doubt it.  It was getting larger the
first day we started the CS, and I think it would have continued to get worse
and worse.   I was really concerned about the infection getting into her knee
joint.  I had decided if the CS wasn't working by the second day, I would take
her to the doctor.  I even used a Sharpie and made dots around the margins of
the infection to show where the redness ended and normal skin began.  By the
next day, the redness had reduced well inside the markings I had made.

I was a little perplexed as to why she developed one of these anyway since she
is on a maintenance dose of CS.  I have a theory, but I'm no expert.  My theory
is that these infections start topically, not from the inside out.  Once the
infection deepened enough to reach tissue or blood that had CS in it, it began
to head up and extrude the infection.  The topical CS I applied killed what was
left at the surface.  I'm sure there are people here with more expertise than
myself who might confirm or refute such a theory.

In short, the CS:

1. Cleared up an infection in three days that, from past experience, usually
takes not only much time but antibiotics to get rid of.
2. Significantly reduced the discomfort usually associated with these
infections.
3. Saved us a visit to the doctor!!

HURRAY!

Just thought I'd share.