Hi, Ode.

Thank you for your acute observations. It gives us all a
lot to think about and new directions for experimentation.
I wonder if patents have disclosed these processes?

I am pretty sure that Dr Bob Beck was not the very first
investigator of EIS. The Ukrainian Academy of Science
put a good deal of effort into studying EIS for village
water well disinfection after WWII. Their lead researcher
was Leonid Adol'fovich Kul'skii, a water chemist. He
published several reports on EIS, called
"Serebrianaia Voda" in Russian/Ukrainian:

1) Elektrokatadinovaia Serebrianaia Voda, 1946.
2) Serebrianaia Voda, 1958.
3) Serebrianaia Voda, Ee Svoistva i Primenenie, 1963.

These publications are hard to get in the US. I have the
second, and am slowing translating some of it.
Maybe Kul'skii dealt with the issues raised on that CS
web page.

Best regards,

Matthew