Re: CS>New and improved CS
From: Trem
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:38:36
http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m77057.html

  > Hi Mike,

  > Are you  speaking about clear glass containers or  ones  that have
  > patterning on  them?  Lead or something in a  glaze  can certainly
  > leach into  the  water but I cannot imagine  clear  glass leaching
  > anything. Are they colored glass?

  > The PWT  is  a pretty good little toy isn't it.  They  pack  a lot
  > inside if  you've pulled the guts out to take a look.  Glad you're
  > pleased.

  > I was  pretty  sure it was all hype but thought  the  list members
  > should see their latest press release.

  > Trem

  Hi Trem,

  Of course I took it apart - what do you think I am, an accountant?:)

  Yes, I  am  extremely  pleased.   I   would   like  it  to  shut off
  automatically when  I  forget, and it would be nice  to  have Kelvin
  sensing (4  electrodes, two driving and two sensing), and I  wish it
  could handle  much  smaller  volumes of cs, and  I  wish  it handled
  temperature extremes better.

  But it's  here, it works, and it is giving me the readings  I expect
  to see from the Faraday calculations. I am Very Happy!!!

  The glass  containers are from a Dollarama store. They have  a white
  rubber sealing ring and a top that closes with a wire mechanism.

  There is a name for these things, but I don't know what it  is. They
  are very common for cooking and use in the kitchen. But after seeing
  what they  do  to  cs, I'm not sure I'd want  to  eat  anything from
  them:)

  There are good threads on sci.chem and sci.electronics.design  on dw
  and leaching  ions from glass. Sorry I don't have the  links  at the
  moment, but here's the google (Canadian style) urls:

    sci.electronics.design: http://tinyurl.com/5kn9w
                  sci.chem: http://tinyurl.com/4s5pr

  Thanks for posting the info on Clifton Mining. I'm pretty  sure they
  are crooks.

Mike Monett