> ... The web address you're trying to visit
> is this one, correct? ...
>
>    http://escribe.com/health/silverofftopiclist/index.html

> Hi Mike.  No, I didn't use that address.  I used this address:
> silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com
>
> The reason that I didn't use the one that you noted is because it
> clearly says *OT Archive* before that address.  And I didn't want
> archives, I wanted the active list.

Very good, ma'am! I'm glad we straightened that out. I hope your
uncertainty will help others figure out how it works.

silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com is the OT list posting address. You
send an e-mail there and it goes out to all the subscribers to the OT
list, plus to the OT archives at e-scribe.

http://escribe.com/health/silverofftopiclist/index.html is the web
address of the archives. If you don't get the OT list as e-mail,
they're the only way to see what's being posted.

If you want to get the OT list as e-mail, then go to
http://www.silverlist.org and click on the Off Topic List link. Follow
the instructions there to sign up.

Anybody's who's a member of the main list can post to the OT list
without subscribing or doing anything special.

The OT list is provided as a place to discuss all the interesting stuff
we tend to get into that really would be too off-charter or too
detailed for the main list.

Thanks for persisting, Marmar. As always, folks, I'm here if you have
any questions. My address is in the footer at the bottom of every
message.

Be well,

Mike Devour
silver-list owner