Oh, we love it as a society, we hate it personally.
Society as a whole is an impersonal entity where problems can be seen as societies problems, not ours personally.

..till it whups us, that is.
and even then, it's not something that "we" did, ey?
It's something that the rest of society did TO us.

...like stealing the value of all my LP gas bottles because 6 people managed to blow themselves up by abusing the old type that 'could' be overfilled.

..the war on idiocy through drugs. [Pass a law to make me smarter, or else.]

..like sueing McDoodos for getting fat.

Makes me wonder why they didn't try to sue a chain manufacturer because they didn't chain their fat ass to a chair.
Lack of imagination, I suppose. :-)

I'm dangerously stupid...Hey YOU, Protect me from myself. [or else]
No, not like that!
You were supposed to control everyone else.
LOL

Ode

At 10:29 AM 1/27/2005 -0800, you wrote:

>other.
If the planetary ecology is to survive civilization, fewer people is
now a
mandate.
If governments are to survive spending on social programs and
infrastucture upgrades... ever increasing numbers of taxpayers and ever
>increasing GNPs are a mandate.

>The balance point has been crossed.
> China and India are beginning to tip the t

Well-writt en,Ode.Unfortunately,wedon'tliketotakethesethings into account as a society, but it is the truth.

Sally