At 12:52 PM 1/17/05, you wrote:
My husband uses a nighttime breathing assist called a CPAP machine (Constant Positive Air Pressure) which also has the option of using a thermally-controlled humidifier to add moisture to the air as its pressurized to his mask. We were wondering if anyone has tried CS in a CPAP machine before&we kind of think the possibility of fungus in the warm moist environment is real & we were wondering if anyone has tried it or has experienced mold/fungus in the hosing. I think using CS instead of plain water through the hose should still let CS do its thing, even if its slightly warmed&right?

I also use a CPAP with a heated humidifier. I found that after 2 weeks the tubes would start to get a mildew smell and I would have to soak everything in vinegar to get rid of it. I then began to put CS into the humidifier about 2 years ago and I never have to clean the tubes anymore as they no longer get mildew in them. In fact after a couple months of running CS through the system I can only guess that all the tubes became coated with silver particles as I no longer have to put CS in the humidifier any more.

+-----   Bentonite Clay for sale    -----+
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/davebe/clay.html
¦              David Bearrow             ¦
¦          dav...@sbcglobal.net          ¦
+----      Phone: (972)722-8319      ----+