It may also be discovered that Big Pharma and Big Supplement is owned by
the same people.... called stock holders.
 The intent and mission of the FDA is to protect people, but, the funding
and political structure is not set up to accomplish that task very well.
..that, along with the pervasive mindset of protecting stupid people from
themselves, as though laws against stupidity ever made anyone
smarter...limits intelligent careful people along with the idiots.

 So, who demands these laws and regulatory political institutions?
Everybody that sues anybody when either party screws up.
 It's always easier to display someone elses ignorance.
 To choose thoughtfully is my right. To choose wrong is your fault.
 If someone else gets to choose, it's always their fault. See how that works?
Choose for me!  No, not like that! ..same old game.
 Those who are employed to do your choosing for you must limit your
parameters in self defense...like any insurance company must.

Interesting that the words discrimination and dis-crimination now have an
inverse relationship.
Ode