Just a few things I've been doing lately that have improved my CS brewing...

I'm still using my thermal stir Silverpuppy. I want a new magnetic stirring
base, but then I want everything I see. I've been getting good CS from
Walmart distilled water. I now only make it in one pint mason jars.

In keeping with what I've learned from many others, I've been adding 10-12
drops of H2O2 per pint to my brew immediately after making it. To stir that
a bit, I simply empty my dropper back into the H2O2 bottle, then I dip the
tip of the empty dropper into the CS, and squeeze it a few times.
Then I let the brew set for several hours before use. I have an idea that
this CS is better than that not made with H2O2, but I can't prove it. Others
swear it's a huge improvement, so I'm listening.

The big thing that I've learned lately is that if anything goes wrong with
my brew, if I'm getting floaties or a silver skim on top- my brewing jar
needs cleaning. It may not be obviously dirty, but close inspection will
almost always reveal the start of a spot of precipitated silver compound
somewhere inside the jar.

I have found out that simply rinsing it or long term soaking it in H2O2 is
not good enough- it needs physical scrubbing. I found out that doing this
with paper towels and H2O2 is a sure way to contaminate the jar and ruin
several batches afterwards.

After several months, I've determined that this works: A brand new bottle
brush rinsed well when new with H2O2 and DW, and dedicated only to cleaning
the CS jars. I hang this brush in my clothes closet, and everyone in the
house knows never to touch it.

I scrub the jar out with this brush and H2O2, then rinse 3 times with DW. It
never fails to bring my CS brewing operation back to near perfection.

The brush turns brown at the bristle tips and looks a bit dirty. That's the
silver compounds wicking out as it dries. I'll soon use this brush in the
kitchen and buy another for the CS jars.

Daddybob