>A lot of innovation happens in somebody's garage, but a whole lot more
>of it requires serious science and engineering, and the complex
>language that goes along with it.

 ## The innovator does it...the scientists tells him what he did.
 But when the ignorant innovator does something really wild [not knowing he
couldn't and not knowing what he did, just that something worked], it takes
the scientists a while to figure it all out and even longer for it to dawn
on them that they didn't know much of anything about that 'particular'
subject despite all the education.

 Electrochemistry is a well developed field and science, but, no one
appears to have done much study on running electricity through "distilled"
water because they were looking to do something else and doing "that"
didn't work well enough to study.

 I know a few electronics engineers who were very surprised that low
voltage electricity 'could' be run through distilled water and don't know
why it can to this day.
 I have a very bad CS generator that was designed by such an engineer who
surely thought he needed a very high voltage without checking to see if the
[ignorant innovators] reality was otherwise.

 The engineer that designed my circuitry said it wouldn't work.  I just
told him to put something on that napkin that does what I want it to and
I'll worry about if it works or not.
 It did. He was surprised.
 I didn't know any better.
 I'm still finding out 'how' it works.