Yes, I distill my own DW. The pH of my unfiltered cold, filtered cold, and hot tap water are all about 6.5.
(my test strips are in whole numbers only).

When I first got the distiller (over a year ago), which is a very basic one gallon inexpensive one, the best water I could get from it was from distilling cold filtered tap water (Waterpik faucet filter, R-7 model) and it would usually be .2 to .3 uS with my PWT.

Now, the DW from cold filtered tap water is usually around .7 to .9 uS. Distilling hot unfiltered tap water gives about .5 or .6 uS. Running that through the still a second time gets it to about .3 uS. Here, anything above .4 uS will make yellow CS. (my struggles with yellow CS are all in the archives).

It has been a long time since I checked the pH of commercial distilled water available here, but I do remember none of it was 7, all was below that.

sol

V wrote:

Hi sol,

Do you make your own DW and what is the pH of the water you start with.
The pH of my DW is 5.
sol