Hi everyone.  There have been so many fascinating posts recently my head
is spinning.  I hope I can interpret enough of it correctly to be able
to ask intelligent questions.  Just ignore me if not.  No luck with the
archives with all of this.  Thank you in advance for taking time to give
any response.  Here goes:

1.  When a batch of EIS turns up pink, brown, or appears somehow
contaminated or cloudy, I've been told to play it safe and throw it
away.  But,instead of throwing it out, can't I just add some h202 to
clear the color (which it always does) and then use it/consume it
without worry?

2.  Once the h202 is added, if it isn't consumed within a certain time,
can anyone estimate how long it will be before it becomes ineffective or
less effective, if ever?  I think I remember someone (Ode? Marshall?)
stating that h202 eventually turns silver ions or particles into silver
oxide (please correct me if that's wrong). Isn't silver oxide still
effective as a germicide?  If silver oxide is less effective than ions
and particles, then, according to Marshall's experiment, can't we just
add more h202 before using it to revert it back?  (There's smoke coming
out of my ears now.)

3.  (And I've wondered about this one for some time.)

Does anyone know for sure if it is safe to add and consume the regular
store bought h202, rather than the food grade type? There are rumors
(I've put this question to the oral peroxide and hydrogen peroxide lists
before) that consuming the drug store variety is dangerous because it
supposedly has more chemicals and stabilizers in it.  But, isn't it the
same across the board? It seems to me they would list that on the label
but they don't.  All mine says is "3% hydrogen peroxide" and "Purified
Water".  Marshall recently posted that most h202 has "acetanilide, or
acetic acid amid".  The MSDS on acetanilide says it is incompatible with
strong oxidizers.   Adding a stabilizer, as I have read, prevents the
h202 from reacting to whatever it's contained in, and  preserves its
oxygen content. But once the h202 comes into contact with a metal like
silver, or the catalase inside our bodies, won't the subsequent release
of oxygen at that point immediately neutralize, obliterate or overcome
the stabilizer?

With that in mind, can I get a second opinion on the following excerpt
taken from a report by the World Health Organization?  Because it seems
to me that could be what it indicates (i.e. "...the excess is destroyed..").

        http://www.inchem.org/documents/jecfa/jecmono/40abcj11.htm

        "When hydrogen peroxide is used as an agent to reduce the number
        of bacteria in dairy products or other foodstuffs, the excess is
destroyed. Toxicological considerations, therefore, apply only
to the
possible interference with the nutritional value of                     treated
foodstuffs or the formation of toxic substances, but not        to residual
hydrogen peroxide. It is well known that small                  amounts of
hydrogen
peroxide given orally produce no                                toxicological
effects, because of
the rapid decomposition by the  catalase of the intestinal cells.

Sorry for such a long post, but I've been saving up!  Thanks for being
there.  Jodi