I've made my first batch using 3-9s. It's a very basic generator, but I assume it's sufficient for our current needs, and much cheaper than paying $16/2 oz. at the health food store! I had to clean the fuzzy beard off once during the 1 hour brew-time (I was brewing 32 oz, shooting for 10 ppm. Next time I'll do a lesser amount for lesser time). I don't have any sort of meter or laser as of yet, so I can't test it. The salt test produced a sufficient cloud and the batch is completely clear (the health food store stuff is quite yellow).

I intend to set the jar above a tea light next time for thermal stirring.

All in all, I'm quite pleased.

-Raine