Evening Chuck,

These low priced tools may be ok and work for some people. I have a very good digital meter, a Fluke, that I have used for a number of years, and a few lesser meters.

Geez Wayne,
Harbor freight almost always has digital multimeters on sale for $5.
Getting so it's not worth the effort to make somethin' up.

I was simply wanting to take advantage of some stock that is collecting dust. It would be nice to have a permanent, fastened in place, dedicated ammeter.

These meters I have are LED display, not LCD. I think they cost near $ 100.00 each. Actually, I have been making CS a few years. For the first many batches, I recorded current and time.

Today, I do it mostly by instinct, based on previous batches. A good instrument never hurts. I do reject lots of distilled water. I also have a commercial water distiller that turns out 3 gallons per hour. I think it draws 48 amps at 240 VAC. I have thought of putting it into operation and doing the double distilled trick like some labs use to get very high quality distilled water.

Many people become engrossed and addicted to making CS. This is not necessary, and I have not done it yet.

Wayne