The association of the name "blue blood' and silverware use is pure
speculation..and HIGHLY unlikely.
 In the 1910s and on,  silver plated flatware became very common till
stainless took over as the main stay.. but no blue people made the news.
 Blue blood decription is more likely to be from the appearance of fair
skinned people who stay out of the sun and/or an association with royal
blue as in rainments. [clothing]
 Blue dyes [Indigo] were extremely expensive and highly prized at the time.

Ode