I had exactly the same experience with the SG6.

It illustrates the difficulty of cleaning the silver probes. I have never gotten results as good as the very first batch, but the most effective cleaning method I have found so far is to wipe the electrodes after each use with a microfiber cloth.

This removes most residue and leaves nothing behind.

A better way might be an ultrasonic cleaner but I have not tried this recommendation from Brooks Bradley.