To: "Silver List" <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 10:21 PM
Subject: CS>"Magnetized Water"

Folks,

I built a so-called water magnetizer and did some experiments.  I used two
very strong magnetron magnets (from microwave ovens). The North poles were facing each other on oposite side of a plastic bottle about 3 inches thick.
I added room temperature filtered tap water and let it sit in the magnetic
field overnight. I sloshed the water around a few times while it was being
"magnetized".

Using two different ranges of pH paper, I measured the before and after pH
of the water. Out of the tap it measured a bit below 7. The disappointing thing was that the after "Magnetizing" the water measured exactly the same -
there was no change in pH.

So, either my experimental technique is wrong, or the concept of
"magnetized" water is a bunch of hooey.  I am thinking the latter, but
welcome your comments.

I will make one more run with N & S poles facing each other to see if makes
any difference.

As an aside, I have proven for myself that passing a DC current (10-12 ma)
through plain tap water does result in a change in pH.  I used two plastic
containers with holes in each container with a porous membrane (artificial
chamois) clamped between the holes.  After an overnight run, the two
containers that started with water with a pH of about 7 ended up about 8
(slightly alkaline) and 6 (slightly acid).  However, after half an hour or
so, both containers reverted back to being about 7 again.

So, list members, what are the safe, economical ways to make stable alkaline
water?

Steve Y.