Hello to my Friends on the C S list!

Now that I am back on the job(s), after a wonderful six-week's holiday in Colombia with my wife, I have hardly any time left to peep into the messages on this forum.

Yet, I want to share a doubt with you:
I make my CS the simple way: two silver wires in a bit of pure water, three nine volts batteries, half an hour, and presto!

Now, let's say that we have to go out, or for whatever reason we need to interrupt the ionizing process, then can we: just take the wires out, or disconnect from the batteries at say 20 minutes, and then after coming home reconnect, and fill the half hour of processing?

Please help us lift the veil.

Waiting, and greeting you all,
Faith