I made two more 1 quart batches of CS.  From the suggestions of folks here, I
cut down the brew time to 5 hours for the first batch (when I brewed 5 1/2
hours, the resulting brew was light yellow).  The CS I got was clear.

The next one quart batch I made (using the 9-volt AC-DC converter) I did
immediately following the last batch.  That is, I made two batches right in a
row.  I left maybe 1/2 inch of CS in the jar (which included some silver
sediment) after the first batch and added DW to it to make the second batch.  I
brewed this batch 4 1/2 hours.  I was told that when you seed a batch of DW
with some CS, the brew time is cut back considerably.  This brew also turned
out clear.

MY QUESTION IS...  How long should I brew 1 quart of DW with 9 volts to get a
good resulting CS?  If 5 1/2 hours is too long, how long is long enough?