God, that is just nuts. I have also heard of students being expelled for having a an aspirin or two, even if they didn't give any to anyone else.
sol

Marshall Dudley wrote:

In our school system students are expelled if they are caught with any drugs (other than prescription drugs made out for that child), so be careful what you label it. We had one student that was expelled when another child was stung by a wasp, and was about to die because her wind pipe closed up. The teachers had nothing to help her, so a student with asthma gave her her breather and it cleared her windpipe saving her life. She was expelled for giving drugs to another student.

Marshall