Just type in "Splendid Parakeets" or "Red-chested Parakeets" (same bird) and you`ll find some pictures. The grass parakeets are much nicer than the little birds Americans call parakeets, which are really budgerigars. (That name means "tasty little bird" in Aborigine!! Hmm, one bite per bird...) Grass `Keets are quiet and peaceful. I have mine in with some Red-headed Buntings, and they get along fine, especially after I got the Javas out. Those nasties were trying to bite the legs of the newcomers. They are going up for sale shortly... I just got a pair of gorgeous Red-factor canaries last week. Wow! I have had canaries many times too, they are really nice.
Marshalee

You should see the red-headed yellow and white male I have. He is
spectacular!

*Oh my -- that sounds spectacular.*

Then there is my pair of Splendid Grass Parakeets; the male is
turquoise, green, darker blue and yellow with a red chest! He`s really
something.

*Wow. Is there someplace I can see a picture of that too? I didn't know parakeets came in a color combination like that.*

Birds are wonderful!

*
**Yes they are. I raised canaries for awhile, and really enjoyed them. MA*