Please,please do NOT use the microwave for any part of this.
It could be life threatening.

"There was a lawsuit in 1991 in Oklahoma. A woman named Norma Levitt
 had hip surgery, but was killed by a simple blood transfusion when a
nurse "warmed the blood for the transfusion in a microwave oven!"

In fact, I've thrown ours out due to info such as this:
        http://www.relfe.com/microwave.html

(I used the power supply and controls to make Duncan's High voltage
pulsating DC colloidal silver maker.)
                                                Chuck

I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot
more as they get older, then it dawned on me .....they're cramming for
their  final exam.