The one's you've bought are probably ok.  However,
I've usually buy NutriBiotic brand, because they pack
it in nitrogen sealed bottles, assuring that the
vitamin is as fresh as when first manufactured at the
plant, no matter how long it's been on the shelf.

http://www.nutribiotic.com/vitaminc.htm

It's also pharmaceutical quality, supposedly, and not
very expensive.

Ester-C, is said by Hulda Clark, to contain detectable
traces of nickel or some other metal (maybe it was
thulium, I can't remember now). So I stayed away from
it even though it sounds like a better C.

-Ken Bagwell