Why use no salt? that is medical propaganda. You jsut need to use good salt
thats all.

Interesting Facts About Salt

Salt has many other functions than just regulating the water content of
the body. Here are some of the more vital functions of salt in the body:

1. Salt is most effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats and,
contrary to the misconception that it causes high blood pressure, it is
actually essential for the regulation of blood pressure - in conjunction
with water. Naturally the proportions are critical.

2. Salt is vital to the extraction of excess acidity from the cells in the

body, particularly the brain cells.

3. Salt is vital for balancing the sugar levels in the blood; a needed
element in diabetics.

4. Salt is vital for the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in
the body. It is used for local power generation at the sites of energy
need by the cells.

5. Salt is vital to the nerve cells' communication and information
processing all the time that the brain cells work, from the moment of
conception to death.

6. Salt is vital for absorption of food particles through the intestinal
tract.

7. Salt is vital for the clearance of the lungs of mucus plugs and sticky
phlegm, particularly in asthma and cystic fibrosis.

8. Salt is vital for clearing up catarrh and congestion of the sinuses.

9. Salt is a strong natural antihistamine.

10. Salt is essential for the prevention of muscle cramps.

11. Salt is vital to prevent excess saliva production to the point that it

flows out of the mouth during sleep. Needing to constantly mop up excess
saliva indicates salt shortage.

12. Salt is absolutely vital to making the structure of bones firm.
Osteoporosis, in a major way, is a result of salt and water shortage in
the body.

13. Salt is vital for sleep regulation. It is a natural hypnotic.

14. Salt is a vitally needed element in the treatment of diabetics.

15. Salt on the tongue will stop persistent dry coughs.

16. Salt is vital for the prevention of gout and gouty arthritis.

17. Salt is vital for maintaining sexuality and libido.

18. Salt is vital for preventing varicose veins and spider veins on the
legs and thighs.

19. Salt is vital to the communication and information processing nerve
cells the entire time that the brain cells work - from the moment of
conception to death.

20. Salt is vital for reducing a double chin. When the body is short of
salt, it means the body really is short of water. The salivary glands
sense the salt shortage and are obliged to produce more saliva to
lubricate the act of chewing and swallowing and also to supply the stomach
with water that it needs for breaking down foods. Circulation to the
salivary glands increases and the blood vessels become "leaky" in order to
supply the glands with water to manufacture saliva. The "leakiness" spills
beyond the area of the glands themselves, causing increased bulk under the
skin of the chin, the cheeks and into the neck.

21. Sea salt contains about 80 mineral elements that the body needs. Some
of these elements are needed in trace amounts. Unrefined sea salt is a
better choice of salt than other types of salt on the market. Ordinary
table salt that is bought in the super markets has been stripped of its
companion elements and contains additive elements such as aluminum
silicate to keep it powdery and porous. Aluminum is a very toxic element
in our nervous system. It is implicated as one of the primary causes of
Alzheimer's disease. Back to Salt Intake is Vital or Back to Home

22. Twenty-seven percent of the body's salt is in the bones. Osteoporosis
results when the body needs more salt and takes it from the body. Bones
are twenty-two percent water. Is it not obvious what happens to the bones
when we're deficient in salt or water or both.

http://www.watercure.com/
http://www.life-enthusiast.com/salt/brine.html

Take care,