The reason that I am aware of is that there is no way that you can be sure
that  the meat is cooked uniformly and evenly unless you are taking  multiple
temps.

The reason  Trichinosis is uncommon in the US is because pig feed must  be
sterilized. But home cooking is unreliable. There must be a uniform internal
temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. And US feed is evolving into vampire
feed. The scrapie CJD cycle could very easily become a  Trichinosis cycle  in
my
opinion.

If you have a few  Trichinosis parasite you probably won't know it.  But if
you have a lot of them you will have heart arrhythmia.

 Mary may have a different take on it but with all the fear of the  spread of
zoo-notic  disease, Pork is just one less thing I want to put in  my body. I
am a vegetarian so that goes for all meat.

Harper

In a message dated 11/10/2005 5:14:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,