Hi Linda,

You may know this already but *ideally* your hubby should have gotten off his
feet immediately, elevated the injury above the level of his heart, iced it
plus apply the cs/dmso.  And of couse stay off it as much as possible.

When I broke a bone in my foot a few years back, dmso was unknown to me
unfortunately but doing all the rest plus using crutches for 3 weeks helped me
avoid any other treatment.  However I think there'll probably be some arthritic
tendency in that foot as I age because I started walking on it a little too
soon.

More recently I twisted an ankle quite severely but managed to get a dmso/cs
soaked bandage onto it immediately and elevated it til bedtime.  Next day I did
yard work all day, climbing ladders etc. with no problems--still astonished at
that one.  Some brusing did finally appear--from deep inside the connective
tissue I believe (it took that about 3 months to disappear and may have
resulted from being on my feet so much right away) and there was some
tenderness around the ankle upon palpation for several weeks but never any pain
while on my feet.

My nurse practitioner mother was amazed, now uses it herself and suggests it to
others.

take care,
Deborah

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.