In answer to the thread (Sol, Jim Holmes):

Our rule of thumb at home is: Get Rid Of ALUMINUM.
We changed (at a high investment) for stainless steel.
See the point is (and correct me if I'm wrong) that aluminum accumulates in the system, and is hard to get it out again. The better the quality of your pottery, the less accumulation, but particles DO get there! The problems begin when you exceed certain limits of toleration, often AFTER YEARS AND YEARS of aluminum use. Then, it is very hard to pin point aluminum as the evil-doer. Just be careful, and maybe better follow the (not our) advice: Get Rid Of ALUMINUM.
Faith