I speak from first hand knowledge concerning schizophrenia...  and I have
known many schizophrenics; including my brother.  Their exposure to cats
was minimal if not any at all.  Myself have been expose to cats most my
life and have had as many as 30 at one time.  Currently I have 10.
I'm not saying that the exposure cannot be linked but to indicate it as a
leading cause just does not hold water.

connie