One can soak a small piece of cotton in tincture and place the cotton directly above the infected tooth, on the surface of the gum, while keep the outside surface of the cotton from touching other tissue in the mouth, by covering the cotton with plastic or whatever works. In case of severe infection, there may be a large cavity resulting above the tooth. Dental infections, like any infection above the neck, can be extremely dangerous, and professional medical supervision is always advised.

On Wednesday, Dec 28, 2005, at 14:19 Asia/Tokyo, Dan Nave wrote:

I don't quite get it.  Just where would you apply it?

Dan

Subject: Re: CS>O3 & H2O2 AND BLOODROOT?
From:"Jonathan B. Britten" <jbrit...@cc.nakamura-u.ac.jp>
Date:Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:08:04 +0900
To:silver-list@eskimo.com

Bloodroot tincture is very hard on surrounding tissue; it is caustic. The mucous membranes inside the mouth will be very, very painful if you don't protect them properly.

As with everything on this list, use your own good judgment, consult a medical professional, and be responsible for your actions; none of us is qualified to give medical advice, and I am merely relaying my own experiences.