>I have a piece of wire.  Which end should I put the 'lectricity into?

My son,

It depends on whether you subscribe to the hole flow or the electron flow theory of electricity. In other words, whether you belong to the Technician school or the Engineering school.

Listen to the teaching of the not-so-ancient ones, and heed it well:

If thou belongest to the Technician school, put the electricity into the negative end of the wire. If, on the other hand, thou subscribest to the Engineering school, which some feel to be a higher discipline, thou should put the electricity into the positive end.

If thou takest this teaching to heart, the electricity should flow in thine wire, and soon the light which is output thereby shall reach even to the furthest corners of thy room and the secret of illumination shall be thine forever.

Sri Coulomb V. Wattman, Master Electrician

Ohm Shankar