Hi Sol,
Try Zinc supplements for the white bands and dry brittle nails. Over the years,
I've had that happen, matter of fact, at the moment I have white spots in three
of  my nails. Foods rich in Zinc, which include those with a Tail, are not
things I consume regularily, so I must supplement and not surprised when I get
the spots.  When I do supplement and start eating more beef, beans, etc  they
disappear.  Amazing how the lack of just one nutrient can upset the bodys
balance....and how the body will give us a visual clue.

As to the ridges..........

sol <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com> wrote: One of my nutrition books says thin, dry,
brittle nails or white bands
in the nails can be due to protein deficiency. Lack of B vitamins can
cause fragile nails with horizontal or vertical ridges. Prescription for
Nutritional Healing says irom deficiency can also cause vertical ridges.
Zinc deficiency can cause white spots. And there is a lot more info
around on nutrition and nails.
I also have fairly definite vertical ridges in my nails. Mine probably
from insufficient B vitamins, as I can't seem to find a brand/type that
doesn't give me a reaction. And niacin causes me very bad flushing,
which alsocan kick in my eczema. Even the "no-flush" types of niacin do
this. So I guess I'm stuck with the ridges.
It does seem like worsening of the ridges might mean a worsening
deficiency? I used to have white spots in my nails, too, but I've been
taking my minerals much more regularly for some time now, and those are
now gone. I hadn't actually noticed until I was writing this.
sol